Multi-disciplinary BIM software for higher-quality, co-ordinated designs.
Overview: What is Revit®?
Use Revit® BIM (Building Information Modelling) software to drive efficiency and accuracy across the project lifecycle, from conceptual design, visualisation and analysis to fabrication and construction.
- Begin modelling in 3D with accuracy and precision.
- Automatically update floor plans, elevations and sections as your model develops.
- Let Revit handle routine and repetitive tasks with automation so you can focus on higher-value work.
Create co-ordinated, consistent and complete model-based designs
Learn about Revit® features for BIM below, the intelligent model-based method for planning, designing, constructing and managing buildings and infrastructure. Revit supports multi-discipline design collaboration.
- Generative Design: Quickly produce design alternatives based on goals and constraints you define. Available exclusively to AEC Collection subscribers.
- Parametric Components: An open, graphical system for design and form-making, and the basis for all building components designed in Revit.
- Worksharing: Contributors from multiple disciplines can share and save their work to the same centrally shared file.
- Schedules: Create a tabular display of model information extracted from the properties of the elements in a project.
- Interoperability and IFC: Revit imports, exports and links your data with commonly used formats, including IFC4.
- Add-Ins: Extend Revit functionality with API access, third-party solutions, add-ins and a content library on the Autodesk App Store.
- Annotation: Communicate designs more effectively with WYSIWYG editing and features that let you control text appearance.
- Dynamo for Revit: Expand and optimise BIM workflows with an open-source graphical programming interface that installs with Revit.
- Global Parameters: Embed design intent with project-wide parameters that work with radial and diameter dimensions and equality constraints.
- Conceptual Design Tools: Sketch and create freeform models and create massing studies.
- Analysis with Insight: Optimise building performance with centralised access to performance data and advanced analysis engines.
- Architectural Modelling: Add architectural elements to the building model, including walls, doors, windows and components.
- Point Cloud Tools: Connect laser scans directly to the BIM process to author an as-built model.
- 3D Design Visualisation: Explore, validate and communicate designs. Render more quickly and accurately with Autodesk Raytracer rendering engine.
- Multi-Storey Stairs: Quickly create and modify multi-storey buildings by connecting stairs to the levels in your project.
- Cloud Rendering: Produce photorealistic visualisations without tying up your desktop or using special rendering hardware.
- Physical and Analytical Model: Create a physical model for co-ordination and documentation, and an associated analytical model for structural analysis.
- Reinforcement Detailing: Create 3D reinforcement designs for cast-in-place and precast concrete structures. Produce reinforcement shop drawing documentation with rebar schedules.
- Structural Steel Modelling: Model connections with a higher level of detail using a variety of parametric steel connections in Revit or by creating your own customised steel connections.
- Bi-Directional Linking with Analysis: Integrate analysis results into the BIM process and work in an iterative design workflow.
- Dynamo for Structural Engineering: Dynamo gives structural engineers, designers and detailers tools to build structures with minimal energy and make their own design tools.
- Linking with Steel Fabrication: Interoperability between Revit and Advance Steel helps provide a seamless BIM workflow from steel design to fabrication.
- HVAC Design and Documentation: Design complex duct and pipe systems to express intent, and model duct and pipe systems with mechanical design content.
- Electrical Design and Documentation: Design, model and document electrical systems. Keep track of electrical loads throughout the distribution system.
- Plumbing Design and Documentation: Create sanitary plumbing systems with sloped piping and layout piping systems to design and document intent.
- MEP Fabrication Detailing: Create fabrication-ready models in Revit. You can model and co-ordinate MEP LOD 400 components.
- Insight Integration: Insight lets you optimise building performance with centralised access to performance data and advanced analysis engines.
- Fabrication Service Conversion: Use the Design to Fabrication tool to convert design-level model elements to construction level-of-detail elements.
- Fabrication Documentation: Document model layout more effectively. Document, schedule and tag fabrication elements.
- Construction Modelling: Derive construction insight from design models. Split and manipulate wall layers and concrete pours, and prepare shop drawings for fabrication.
- Construction Co-ordination: Upload Revit models into BIM 360 Glue and sync with BIM 360 Layout. View and share point sets in the BIM 360 Glue web interface or the BIM 360 Layout iPad app.
- Navisworks Interoperability: Open a Navisworks co-ordination model directly in Revit to co-ordinate your design with the work of teams who use different software.
- Import/Export 2D Sheets: Bring AutoCAD files in or out of Revit and prepare sheet sets for export to fabricators, subcontractors or other project stakeholders in the format they need.
- Constructability Details: Augment design intent models with the detail necessary to meet the requirements of construction teams.
- Fabrication for Structural Engineering: Link to Advance Steel for steel detailing and fabrication to help accelerate design-to-steel construction.
Enquire now and receive a quote.
Civil Survey Solutions is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre, part of a global network that delivers authorised, instructor-led training across Autodesk products.
We provide a suite of training options for customers who have bespoke training requirements, or those that simply need to learn the basics.
- Public Courses
- Custom Courses
- Web Based Training
Civil Survey Solutions conducts public courses throughout the year in Australia. Our Public Training Courses include:
- Training on one of our Standard Courses
- We train up to 6 students on individual laptops
- Dedicated training room with data projector, laptops and learning materials
- The latest software and hardware
- Morning/afternoon tea and lunch
Civil Survey Solutions offers custom on-site training designed specifically for your business needs/requirements. Here are some benefits:
- Train up to 6 students on individual laptops
- Enables the customisation of the training content to suit your organisation (this does not include Standard Fundamentals Courses).
- Can be focused on a project using your design data (this does not include Standard Fundamentals Courses).
- We provide training laptops and training materials, making it easy for us to provide this type of training on site at your premises or at a local training facility – with no disruption to your business.
- All of this means you don’t have to go anywhere to get expert tailored face to face training – we bring the expertise and knowledge to you.
Our Training Coordinator and an Application Engineer/Survey Manager (depending on the business) will discuss the training requirements with you to ensure company objectives are met.
Web Based Training
Web based training is an economical and effective way to learn your engineering and surveying software. Web Based Training Advantages:
- Training is personalised & project based.
- Delivered in two hour sessions focusing on what you need to know to get your project completed.
- Choose either “one on one” (interactive) or “one to many” (lecture style) training.
- Web training is recorded, allowing you to review the session where and when you want to.
- Short video: Click Here