Top 10 Surprising Statistics About Sustainability
When it comes to sustainability in Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC), building a more sustainable and resilient economy through greater levels of digitalisation is paramount.
Check out the top 10 surprising statistics, compiled from extensive research across Europe.
- 82% of AEC companies have a dedicated sustainability team in place
- The average AEC firm plans to spend over $6 million on improving their sustainability efforts in the next five years
- 74% of AEC firms are investing in technology to improve sustainability
- 52% of construction firms report using technology to collaborate with their supply chain and partners on sustainability
- 3 in 4 construction firms report sustainability initiatives led to better use of resources
- 87% of construction firms report customer retention is a driving force for their sustainability focus
- 2 in 3 construction companies report their employees are an important influencer behind their sustainability policies
- 80% of construction firms point to a lack of financial resources as a key challenge to overcome on the path to sustainability
- 54% of construction firms report they see lean construction as a promising area for increasing sustainability in the next two years
- 43% of construction firms see circular construction as an area with significant opportunity to increase sustainability
Read the detailed insights at Autodesk’s Digital Builder.